Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about plants, horticulture and the landscape design/build profession. The right candidate will have the ability to work closely with clients on their gardening and maintenance needs. An understanding of plants, pruning, and a basic understanding of irrigation are required. Professional education, accreditation and any Pesticide Licensing is a bonus.
- Oversee, identify and maintain diverse plantings of trees, shrubs, vines, perennials, grasses, and bulbs on client sites
- Oversee, manage and monitor irrigation of plantings, especially during time of establishment and drought
- Perform seasonal landscape work including pruning, clean-ups, bulb planting, dividing and transplanting, leaf removal, weeding and any other garden chore related to maintaining planting beds and landscapes.
- Develop and document, report, and catalog plant and site-related information in client garden journal
- Observe and determine the need for fertilizers, soil amendments, and mineral additives and apply as needed
- Identify diseased plants and pest infestation and take proper corrective measures and as regulated under Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources’ Pesticide Board. Keep current and report license # to administration when available
- May gather, grow, and maintain special plant materials
- Inspects for and eliminates hazards in gardening areas
- May perform special floral decorating duties for special client events.
- Plant shopping and delivery to client site
- Operate & minor repair power gardening equipment such as edgers, trimmers, blowers, sprayers, and cultivators
- Make minor repairs and adjustments to sprinkler systems
- Adjusts and performs minor maintenance on power gardening equipment, gardening tools, and all types of sprinkler systems
- Learn the characteristics of new equipment in the field of gardening and grounds maintenance and update skills to adapt to changing technology
Job Type: Full-time
Stonegate Gardens has an opportunity for a Container Designer to join our team. A Container Designer specializes in the creation of handcrafted planter arrangements curated with indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs evergreens, other plant material, and mixed mediums. Arrangements can be made to order, selected in store, but are mainly installed on customers’ properties.
Responsibilities of a Container Designer:
- Design and assemble indoor and outdoor planter arrangements. Arrangements can be custom (per very specific and individual customer requests), or cash and carry.
- Utilize the full plant pallet in your designs from our expansive inventory of indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs, evergreens, seasonal and other plant material. · Listen to individual client needs and recommend design solutions.
- Collaborate with other designers to create trend-setting, profitable containers that exceed client expectations and meet all brand standards.
- Take ownership of the client relationship throughout the sales process. We are looking for a creative, inspired, receptive, trend-setting, client-focused, team player with the following qualifications:
- A portfolio that demonstrates the breadth and depth of custom arrangements – potted, stems, and mixed mediums.
- Previous experience creating custom potted planters preferred. Alternatively, related experience from the floral industry would be beneficial.
- Sales and relationship building experience where you have expertly provided client service and met sales goals.
- An outgoing and kind personality, who is a good listener, and able to professionally give and receive design critiques per our design standards.
- Ability to stand on your feet, lift/push/pull up to 40 pounds, and adaptable to indoor and outdoor environments.
- A two or four year degree in horticulture or landscape design would be a plus.
- Our interview process will include creating an arrangement pursuant to a specific design aesthetic.