We’re Hiring: Nursery Sales & Garden Designer
Stonegate Gardens is nationally recognized and award winning garden center. Located in Lincoln within the Metro-West region of Boston, we are considered a “destination” nursery with five acres of distinctive plants and a high-end gift shop. We offer other services that include a Fine Gardening Concierge Program, Landscape Design, Container Gardening, and Home Decorating for the Holidays.
We are currently looking for a knowledgeable garden designer and nursery sales associate to join our team. This position is unique because of the particular types of clients we attract, due to Stonegate’s reputation, as well as the broad variety of unusual types of plant material we offer.
Our nursery clients expect us to provide them with a level of garden design and horticultural knowledge in choosing the correct plant material for their property.
This position can also involve client property consultations, on and off-site. If garden design is your passion, you will many opportunities to meet your creative needs. However, other directions are available within this position as well.
About the Applicant:
Ideal candidate’s should have horticultural knowledge and show effective sales experience. Individuals should be personable, energetic, and have a strong work ethic. They must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills that carry from customers to co-workers to suppliers. Applicants must be in good physical condition and be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Provide clients with garden design & consultations
- Communicating and following through with clients throughout their purchasing or design experience
- Checking availability of plant material and placing orders for clients.
- Merchandising and pricing of plants.
- Sales/Customer support.
- Assisting/contributing to all other nursery departments as necessary.
- Opportunity for container design and installation
- Design, Sales and Customer Service
- Prepares preliminary design, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates Provide unique, high-quality designs that meet or exceed client’s needs.
- Generate fair, thorough and accurate design proposals.
- Communicate the design and installation processes to clients to help ensure realistic expectations, help them make better decisions and to recognize the importance the design expertise.
- Introduce clients to other CWL services and recommend services/products that help ensure the vision of the design and that the client’s evolving needs are met.
- Introduce maintenance and enhancements staff to clients as appropriate.
- Follow up with clients before, during and after installation takes place.
- Possess a valid MA class D drivers license and be able to provide their own transportation to and from work.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of Horticultural experience.
- Applicants must be in good physical condition and be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time